The Friends of the Library group supporting Wiggins Memorial Library at Campbell University will celebrate former Cy Young Award winner, baseball legend and Campbell alumnus Jim Perry at its annual dinner on Nov. 3.
Brad Kullman, author of “Winning Pitch: The Jim Perry Story — Forging Success from the Ball Field to the Boardroom,” will be on hand to share more about Perry, who played baseball at Campbell from 1956 to 1959 before pitching 17 seasons in the Major Leagues, winning a Cy Young and playing in three All-Star Games. Perry is an inductee in hte North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame, the Minnesota Twins Hall of Fame and the Campbell Athletics Hall of Fame.
Perry himself will also attend the dinner and will sign copies of the biography.
Those who register will receive:
- A special ballpark-inspired meal
- A chance to take home a signed baseball
- Baseball-themed crafts for youngsters (and the young at heart)
- The chance to support Campbell Libraries through a raffle for a Perry-signed baseball
- The chance to support the launch of a Friends of the Library fundraiser for an Archival Reading Room.
The dinner will run from 6-8 p.m. at the Oscar N. Harris Student Union Ballroom. Cost is $20 for non FOL members, $10 for students, $10 for children and free for FOL members.