BUIES CREEK, North Carolina – The Burt family of Emerald Isle, North Carolina, has established the $25,000 Burt Family Challenge to encourage Campbell University alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends to participate in Campbell Day and help make Wednesday, Feb. 3, the biggest engagement day in university history.
For each of the five milestones the Campbell community achieves on Campbell Day listed below, the family will give $5,000 toward student scholarships, up to $25,000:
- Goal: 10 gifts from young alumni to support student scholarships
Why: Young alumni are those who graduated within the past 10 years
- Goal: 84 comments on Campbell’s Facebook page sharing how the university created opportunities for you
Why: 84 percent of Campbell students today receive financial aid
- Goal: 129 likes on the Campbell Instagram photo of Founding President J.A. Campbell
Why: J.A. Campbell founded the school 129 years ago
- Goal: 150 gifts to support student scholarships
Why: Campbell offers over 150 degrees, majors, tracks, and concentrations
- Goal: 1,887 posts on social media with #CampbellDay hashtag
Why: J.A. Campbell founded the university in 1887
The Burt family is comprised of Travis and Cassie Burt and their children: Branden, a 2013 Campbell graduate, and Kirsten, a 2015 Campbell graduate. Travis is a co-founder and partner of Transportation Impact, a parcel management company, where both Branden and Kirsten also work.