NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Campbell University’s advancement team earned a school-record 12 awards at the annual Council for Advancement and Support of Education District III Conference in Nashville Tuesday night. Of the 12 wins, Campbell took home three Grand Awards – the top distinction in each category – competing against higher education institutions in the nine-state Southeast region.
Campbell won grand in the Best Practices in Alumni Relations Platinum category for its work in planning, promoting, executing and covering last year’s “An Evening with J. Bradley Creed” presidential speaking tour that introduced the University’s fifth president to alumni in more than a dozen cities. The award fell under one of CASE III’s seven Platinum categories, meaning the entry is automatically entered into the international CASE Circle of Excellence award contest to be announced this summer.
The University’s flagship publication, Campbell Magazine, was responsible for the other two Grand awards Tuesday. Director of Publications and magazine editor Billy Liggett won for best feature writing for his story in the fall 2015 edition, “In the Field: A Day in the Life of a Third-Year Medical Student.” Liggett and Director of Visual Identity Jonathan Bronsink also won Grand for best photography series for the photos and layout associated with the same “In the Field” story that followed Campbell Medical students on their rotations at Southeast Regional Health Center in Lumberton.
Campbell Magazine also received an Award of Excellence for best magazine in its circulation division, an Award of Excellence for editorial design for the Spring 2016 edition featuring Campbell’s new engineering program and the need for diversity in the field and an Award of Excellence for magazine rendering for a mobile website for its basketball school and engineering school feature stories. Director of Web Design Nikki Zawol, web developer Gerardo Gonzalez and former developer Carlos Cano each contributed on those award-winning sites.
The magazine won Special Merit awards in the publications writing, low-budget publications and periodical design categories.
Former Director of Digital Content Strategy Cherry Crayton led last summer’s #CongratsDrCreed promotion celebrating President Creed’s installation and won an Award of Excellence for social media strategy and execution category. Bronsink earned an Award of Excellence in specialty design for the invitations and programs created for Installation Week.
Finally, Campbell earned a Special Merit award for Best Practices in Communications and Marketing, its second award in the Platinum division, for its work in promoting and covering President Creed’s first year in office.
The 12 total awards exceeds Campbell’s previous best of eight awards won at the CASE III Conference in Orlando in 2014. Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Senior Advisor to the President Britt Davis commended his staff following their big night.
“The Campbell Advancement team continues to set a high standard for the University, as well as for our peer institutions,” Davis said. “The recognition our talented group of writers, designers, programmers and other professionals continues to receive through the gold standard of CASE is second to none.”
- Platinum | Best Practices in Alumni Relations: “An Evening with J. Bradley Creed”
- Feature Writing: Campbell Magazine, “In the Field: A Day in the Life of a Third-Year Medical Student”
- Photography Series:Campbell Magazine, “In the Field: A Day in the Life of a Third-Year Medical Student”
Awards of Excellence
- Best Magazine (Division II): Campbell Magazine
- Social Media Strategy and Execution: #CongratsDrCreed
- Specialty Design: Invitations and programs for President J. Bradley Creed’s installation ceremony
- Editorial Design: Campbell Magazine, Spring 2016
- Magazine Rendering for Mobile or Tab: Campbell Basketball School and engineering feature microsites
- Platinum | Best Practices in Communications and Marketing: The first year of President J. Bradley Creed
- Publications Writing: Campbell Magazine Spring 2016
- Low-Budget Publications: Special Edition Campbell Magazine, The Installation of J. Bradley Creed
- Periodical Design: Campbell Magazine Spring 2016