BUIES CREEK, North Carolina — Campbell University will celebrate its 3rd Founders Week Feb. 6-10. The annual celebration honors the history of the university and its founding in 1887. This year’s theme is “I Love Campbell” and will honor the life and legacy of Campbell supporter Z.T. Kivett.
Kivett is well-known for encouraging the university’s founding president J.A. Campbell to “get a hump on you; there’s work to do” and rebuild the campus after a 1900 fire destroyed everything.
A schedule of events for Founders Week is listed below.
Schedule of Events
Monday, Feb. 6
“I Love Campbell” Shirt Swap – Academic Circle – 10:30 a.m – 1 p.m.
- Profess your love for Campbell by swapping out a gently-used t-shirt featuring another college or university for a limited edition Campbell sweatshirt.
Tuesday, Feb. 7
#TransformationTuesday – Campus-wide – All day
- Take a walk through a larger than life history lesson. Historical photos will be strategically placed throughout campus to see just how much Buies Creek has changed in 130 years.
Wednesday, Feb. 8
- Make a gift. Wear orange. Share on social media. Celebrating #CampbellDay is that simple.
- Don’t miss cupcakes in Academic Circle to celebrate our 130th year.
Thursday, Feb. 9
Heritage Game – Gore Arena – 7 p.m.
- The Fighting Camels Men’s Basketball team take on the Longwood Lancers at the annual Heritage Game. Stick around for this year’s collectible bobblehead featuring Gaylord dressed as ZT Kivett.
- Buy tickets
Friday, Feb. 10
Highland Games – Academic Circle – 2 p.m.
- Join the Campus Activities Board for Highland Games, a tradition that honors our Scottish heritage. The athletics competition is a modified version of the original featuring tug-o-war, caber tossing, and relay races. Scottish bagpipers play before the games begin.
- Create or join a team