The clinic’s Director Benji Jones will utilize her extensive experience working with start-ups to supervise up to eight second- and third-year Campbell Law School students. The clinic is located in Raleigh Founded’s (formerly HQ Raleigh) warehouse district location.
“We are looking for about a dozen start-up businesses,” said Jones, the clinic’s co-founder. “The value of the free services they receive may range from several thousand dollars to more than $10,000.”
Interested applicants should complete an online questionnaire as soon as possible, as selections will be made during December.
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- The business or project meets North Carolina Bar standards for being eligible for the pro bono legal services the clinic provides
- The business or project matches the business law experience of the clinic’s director
- The business or project provides potential educational value to the students
In the past, the clinic has provided start-up internet, software, biomedical and publishing clients with a range of services, including:
- Counseled founder groups
- Organized corporations and limited liability companies
- Written employee and contractor agreements
- Created equity compensation plans
- Prepared NDAs, license agreements and other contracts
- Provided term sheets for financings
Each clinic client is assigned two law students who are supervised by the clinic director.
“The clinic helps bridge classroom learning and the hands-on practice of law,” Jones added. “We help entrepreneurs navigate initial lifecycles and solve real world legal problems. We look forward to the day the ‘next big thing’ emerges from our collaboration.”
Questions regarding the clinic should be directed to Jones at email@example.com.
ABOUT CAMPBELL LAW
Since its founding in 1976, Campbell Law School has developed lawyers who possess moral conviction, social compassion, and professional competence, and who view the law as a calling to serve others. Among its accolades, the school has been recognized by the American Bar Association (ABA) as having the nation’s top Professionalism Program and by the American Academy of Trial Lawyers for having the nation’s best Trial Advocacy Program. Campbell Law boasts more than 4,500 alumni, who make their home in nearly all 50 states and beyond. In 2021, Campbell Law is celebrating 45 years of graduating legal leaders and 12 years of being located in a state-of-the-art facility in the heart of North Carolina’s Capital City.