Applications for students wanting to enter Campbell University’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing program are open through Jan. 22. The program reported a 100-percent job placement rate from its most recent graduating class, according to program director and chair Dr. Stacy Wise.
“Our graduates are prepared for the real world of nursing and are sought by health care organizations across the state,” said Wise. “Carefully review the application information and submit your application by Jan. 22.”
Nurses are in high demand nationwide, according to the Health Resources and Services Administration, which reports 16 states will likely experience a nursing shortage through 2025, including North Carolina and South Carolina. The American Association of Colleges of Nursing data show that 79 percent of employers are now requiring or expressing a strong preference for nurses with a baccalaureate degree.
The application is open through Jan. 22.
Please read all information carefully and completely prior to submitting an application to the BSN program for the 2022 admission cycle.
Students eligible to apply to the Nursing program must:
- Be a current Campbell undergraduate student: OR Be a fully accepted student to Campbell in the BSGS:Pre-Nursing program with all transfer credits evaluated and on file prior to the BSN application cycle (January 1, 2022).
- Be on track to have all prerequisites completed prior to matriculation to the BSN program for the fall of 2022 with a grade of “C” or higher. All prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the spring semester for your application to be competitive. Completing prerequisites over the summer will delay your application from being complete and significantly impact your competitiveness for the program.
- All prerequisites must be transfer equivalent to Campbell’s prerequisite courses. Transfer applicants work with your Campbell UG Admissions counselor to determine transfer course equivalencies.
- Transfer applicants must meet with the Pre-Professional office advisor for prerequisite review prior to submitting a BSN application.
- Have attended the Fall 2021 CURN2B workshop. For those who did not attend the CURN2B workshop, contact Brenda Blackman firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the workshop video.
The minimum Prerequisite GPA is 2.8; the minimum Science GPA is 2.75 to be eligible for admission to the BSN program. Being minimally qualified, does not guarantee acceptance into the competitive BSN program at Campbell University.
If you have any questions about your eligibility for the BSN program or application process you can contact the Pre-Professional advising office at (910) 814-4711 or email@example.com.