Regular COVID-19 updates will be made available online at www.campbell.edu/coronavirus/
The return of Campbell students will also mark a “return to normalcy” on the University’s main campus this fall.
Indoor social distancing and capacity limitations have been lifted, and all classrooms, meeting areas and events (including athletic events) will return to full capacity with no social distancing requirements, according to University officials.
Masks will only be required for students who are not vaccinated, and Campbell University will require all students to show proof of vaccination or receive a negative COVID-19 test 48 hours prior to returning to campus.
Students who have not been fully vaccinated or have not submitted a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of their arrival on campus will have an opportunity on campus to receive a rapid result covid test.
Move-In Weekend at Campbell is Aug. 21-22.
“As we continue to make plans in preparation for the upcoming academic year, the Health & Safety Committee has lifted many restrictions that we all were under last year. By making these important changes, we look forward to this academic year being much more like a ‘normal’ year at Campbell University,” said Vice President for Student Life and head of Campbell’s Health & Safety Task Force Dr. Dennis Bazemore, “with many opportunities for students to participate in campus activities, Welcome Week, Homecoming, athletic events, musical and theatre productions and intramural sports and enjoying all the other resources available to them.”
Students who are not vaccinated but choose to do so will be able to receive a vaccination upon arrival on campus and throughout the fall semester. The University will hold drawings for prizes for the first six weeks of the semester to award students who have been fully vaccinated and who have filled out self-report forms.
Things to Know
- COVID Testing: Campbell will require all students to show proof of full vaccination using the University Self-Report form or show proof of a negative test for COVID-19 within 48 hours of returning to campus. Students who have not been fully vaccinated or have not submitted a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of their arrival on campus will have an opportunity on campus to receive a rapid result covid test.
- Summer 2021: Campus facilities such as the fitness center, library and several dining locations will be open on an amended schedule.
- Fall 2021: Campbell University is planning for normal in-person classes for the fall semester. View the academic calendar.
- Face mask usage inside university facilities is recommended, but not required by anyone who has been fully vaccinated. Those individuals who are not vaccinated are required to wear a mask when inside Campbell University facilities. Face coverings are not required outdoors. View details →
- Social distancing limitations and limitations on capacity have been lifted. Classrooms, meetings, and events (including all athletic events) will be able to return to full capacity with no social distancing requirements.
- The University strongly encourages all members of our community to get the COVID-19 vaccine and to self-report to the university. This vaccine self-report form is confidential and will be used to track the overall percentage of the campus community who are either partially, or fully vaccinated. View details →
- Campbell regularly updates positive case data on our Campus Health Page.
- Move-in for first-year students will take place on Aug. 21. Students will receive an email from the Residence Life and Housing office for an opportunity to sign-up for a time slot for first-year move-in.
- All faculty and staff are expected to return to campus workspaces by Aug. 2.